Tuesday, June 22, 2010

putting your return address on things...



So, you haven't heard from me for a little because I am in the process of designing the invitations.  (I know this should be done already, but I got distracted with the being a maid-of-honor for a wedding in less than 3 months).  Anyway, so while choosing options, which let me tell you there are so many decisions to be made, I just got stuck on one thing, I'm just not sure how I feel about.

The return address for the RSVPs.  Do I put me so I can see what friends of mine can't come? ( I'm not saying this to being pessimistic, just a realist, because my friend G's wedding is 2 weeks before mine, and maybe people won't want to travel twice in a short period of time.) Or do I put my parents' address, let them keep track of the cards and just fill me in? (my type-A personality cringes at this option) What if they get lost in the mail? who's house is safer to send it to? Will my father begining texting me with everyone's yes or no throughout the day while I'm at work, since hes the mail getter? But should it be sent to their house because he will want to know the exact number count, as I know it, and his bank account knows it? ahh, see what I mean.  Techinically, my parents are hosting the party, so then they should get it? I'm going to have to do some investigative work on this issue.  Just means more decisions for me to do since CK lacks an opinion. But I share with you an idea I've been tossing around and my BM, FB, sent them too...

How cool are these though? I wouldn't have to write all of them...




Cute, just how I would write it, yet dont have to take the time to over-analyze everything!





Anyone's RSVPs addresses different than your return addresses?

1 comment:

CrossCountryWed said...

As you will see in a week or so, we had the RSVP returns go back to my parents c/o us in california.

The reasoning is that my parents are in fact HOSTING the event, thus the rsvp goes to them. However, because we are 3,000 miles away, and we have other needs for RSVP to come to us, we are sending it to us.

It reads:
Mr. & Mrs. My Parents
c/o Me
Our Address
California

If we lived closer, we would have them returned to our families where they would collect and we'd open once a week or so.