Thursday, June 17, 2010

Maid of honor, scratch that, Matron of honor...


Remember when I talked about "my team" as CK referred to it?  Well, its been a little crazy these days with my team.  The team leader, the Maid of honor, got a great deal at a local venue, and saw how much fun I was having planning my wedding (sarcasm) that she caught onto the wedding bug and is getting married...wait for it...on labor day weekend (THIS YEAR), as in less than 3 months.  YIKES! and some of you thought I was crazy planning a wedding in 6 months!  So many things went through my head, dress-going to have to be rush ordered, BM dresses too, invitations need to go out in like a two weeks, the list goes on. 

And then there's me.  It's one thing to be a Bridesmaid, it's another thing to be her maid-of-honor while simultaneously planning my wedding too.  Though there is something fun about getting married at the same time as your BFF.  However, I'm going to need to pull together a shower and bachlorette party like ASAP and due to my festivities, we don't have many weekends left, as this is the duty of the MOH.  Me? Stressed? nooo.  Umm yes. very.  But luckily, things are coming together faster than you would think! 

But, let's me honest, secretly I'm even more excited, this just means more blog material for me :)

GAME PLAN:  plan a beach style wedding for 140 guests in less than 3 months.  She just picked her colors and they will be baby blue and light pink.  ( I will get to wear pink and the others will wear blue) What can I say, my girl knows me well!  Here's a few inspirations on this color scheme....








And now, we're trying to figure out if the boys with wear tan or light grey? (to continue with the beach style she wants)....

Tan:


Or Grey...





Funny, how no one seems to be doing black anymore, right?  Remember I said we are doing a dark charcoal, and I think my BM, B, is doing grey, and I'm not sure what my friend G is doing but I think it maybe grey because thats what her girls are wearing, and CK's cousin's boys will be in navy. Hmm..no black?? Is this a new trend ladies?

Needless to say, good thing I didn't print the programs for my wedding yet, because my maid-of-honor, will now have to be referred to as Matron-of-Honor as she is getting married a month before me now :) Something sounds kinda old when you have to say Matron, true?



Does Matron of honor not sound as fabulous as Maid-of-honor?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

2 things...just saw this:
http://www.creaturecomfortsblog.com/home/2010/6/17/color-crush-petal-pink-sea-spray-blue.html
in blue and pink and then read your post...weird how that happens.

Also...I vote tan, not that you asked, but I thought I would throw that out there.

Toni said...

I also vote for tan! :)

And, I was my friend's matron of honor & while, it was exciting that I could say matron instead of maid...it did make me sound old, haha!