Sunday, June 13, 2010

The necklaces, my favorite part...


K, readers, flashback to when I shared my inspiration for my bridesmaids, I still love this look....remember it?  Ok, well style me pretty (my favorite blog) just shared a photo link to a shoot of two BFF brides which is awesome since a lot of my friends, including my MOH, are getting married soon (more of that for another day).  Here's the pick of the two brides, notice the necklaces (yes, my favorite detail of my wedding-to-be)...




Totally love the one on the right, right? Ok, well I'm on the track to creating these awesome necklaces for my girls (spoiler alert for the BMs reading this-sorry!)  I'm sure they already knew that thou. 

The colors are going to look awesome.  Since their dresses are fuchsia (yay!) with a pale pink sash, the necklace is sure to include the fabulous pale pink pearl.  All photos are sourced from Michael's  (could spend hourrrrs and a weeks worth of pay in that place.)

Then twisted in will be the original pearl color because we are doing the vintage vibe, remember...

The next color to be twisted, is the dark greyish colored pearl.  I love this accented color because it will match the boys who will be in their charcoal 3-piece-suit (opps, I will share that later too). I think this added touch will be awesome to bring cohesion to the bridal party , CK's team with my team

and then a little twist of the hot pink glass beads, just to throw a little of hot-pink in there for me, because well, life is better with a little bit of hot pink...



And then there will be a splash of glitz and glam, with these crystal beads, because after all that was a key part of vintage necklaces back in the day.


Lastly, they will be clasped with a pale pink bow, kinda like this look...(nothing that takes away from the actual necklace.)


If you are worried about if I can pull this off, well then you don't know me.  Its, ok, I wouldn't trust that I could do this either, if I didn't know me.  But dont' worry, They will look fabulous and a perfect part of my vintage-fall-glam wedding.  Can you picture it now??



DIY,(do-it-yourself), craziness or fabulousness? 

No comments: