Sunday, June 27, 2010

I've been cheating...



I have been cheating (Gasp!) on my wedding that is :) (seriously, I mean if you really thought I was cheating, you dont know me, because there is no way I would be able to pencil that into my schedule).  Continuing on, I have been cheating on my wedding, meaning that the past week, I have been more focus on the up coming weddings, especially my MOH's that I now have added in September, that I have done much for mine, hence the lack of entries.  So, before I talk about the Sept., planning a wedding in less that 3 months debacle, I share with you the story of the invites for CK's cousin's wedding in Aug. (its kinda funny)



Yesterday, CK and I had dinner with his Gmom, and of course the topics of all the family weddings came up.  We just got the invite and so we were super excited to discuss how unique it was and the arrangements.  Of course, CK hasn't book our room yet, but I am trying to put my Type A-ness aside and trust that he can take care of this small detail for me (umm, he better soon!) Ck's gmom tells us that we should pick the pork chops because she heard that was the entree that was amazing, so CK says then we shall.  I sat a little perplexed...how did she know what the entree options were? So, I ask.  She looks at me and says You lost the response card? You have to send that back, they are waiting, maybe it fell out, you'll haveta check, but you haveta find it.  The panic intern-bride in me came out.  I was sure, There was no response card, at least I am pretty sure. However, let me back track.  The invite (which CK saw when he brought in the mail) sat under junk mail for a few days before CK said, Oh I think you wanted to see this. BOOOOOYS, they are so dumb sometimes.  Um yes, I've been waiting for the invite, thanks dear, envelope ripped all destructively, like as if he opened it with his teeth, and hot sauce stuck to the corner, surely not how it was intended to look. But, no it says on the invite to RSVP on the couples website (which on a side-note totally cool idea).  I tell his Gmom that maybe she got a special card because she doesn't do the whole computer thing, but she and I both sat confused for a little, wondering.  But I went on the site today and yes everything is ok and I picked the pork for us both.  So, whether there was a RSVP card and I lost it, or not, all is ok in the world again.  I share with you the creativity of the invites with examples of the inspirations as well...


(personal photo)

Other inspirations with this type of invite....

This program-








And lastly my friend G was in love with this idea too and created her own...


I just love how these invites tell the story of the couple.  Of course, I also love the different fonts and icons on them due to my artsiness.




Sharing with the guests how the couple met is something extra special or unnecessary? (I LOVE THE IDEA, personally!)

No comments: