Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Wedding...

It's Cinco de Mayo!! Yay! In my household this is a big holiday because CK looooves Mexican food, so much that we have officially named thursdays as "Taco Thursdays".  But today is a special day, today after work, we will be driving to pick up his GMom and go to our favorite Mexican place that I've blogged about before for the holiday.  Thinking about this day makes me think of great food and amazing color schemes (favorite thing of mine).  CK's cousin, who shall be referred to as "Happy", and I are a lot alike: we share a passion for artsy/creative things, have bubbly personalities, a love for color, and even our actual birthday! (random, but cool, right? it was meant to be that we'd find eachother)  Happy will be getting married sometime next year,and may be doing an awesome MEXICAN FIESTA theme.  You never know, because one thing I have learned through this process, is that no wedding plan is stuck in stone,however, how awesome would it be!  So in honor of Happy and the holiday, I share some fabulous Mexican wedding pics for inspiration.

So this wedding is where the original idea came from...the colors are to die for! And we could totally creative some cool details ourselves...





And I love the decor in this wedding rehearsal dinner, I can taste the salt from the drinks...



And then there's this wedding...Pink Sombrero and sparkly shoes (need I say more why I heart this wedding!)...







Feeling the Fiesta anyone?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE! In honor of cinco de mayo we started planning...at least a got a binder and printed out a wedding to-do checklist. That's a start though, right? Hope your fave dinner spot wants to be my wedding caterer! :)