Saturday, May 29, 2010

BM dresses picked, long and formal, yea...

"They must be long and formal if it is an evening wedding in the fall"...oh wedding rules.  Who makes these up anyway? Yes, my wedding is formal because thats what my father wanted.  Yes my wedding is October which is the fall season. Yes my wedding ceremony begins at half past 5, so it is the evening.  So, you guessed it, yes my bridesmaids dresses are long and formal.  The wedding gods are smiling.  But seriously, what would happen if I went with short, anyhow.  Probably nothing, though who knows, would I be the topic of everyones conversation?? Doubtful, at least with my friends that is.  However, there comes a time in wedding planning, were you feel like just going with the wedding rules.  Everything doesn't have to be unique and different, hmm.  However, the task of picking out BM dresses is something stressful if you are a nice bride.  I wanted something that wasn't over $200 (uggh this was hard!) and something that looked good on everyone.  I know my girls don't have money to be wasting on a dress they will only wear one time so I did research.  BRIDES RESEARCH!!! That is a major piece of advice that I can give.  I got a great discount, one that save my girls like almost $200 dollars each. 

So, guess what color??? Pink, cmon are you surrrrrpised at all? I know, no one is, I don't know why I kid myself.  I wanted a pink that had some purple tones in it because it is fall and that pink is more appropriate then like a light pink or melon.  So, check it out. (obviously the colors are not the actual colors).

Heres the dress...




If you click on the above link, you can see the color swatches as well.  The main dress is going the be in the color called FUCHSIA.  The sash is going to be the pale pink color called COTTON CANDY. Very excited!  We really liked the top with the detail and I think this dress will flatter all the girls.



Was picking the BM dresses a tedious task for you as well or was I just too nice of a bride?


1 comment:

Janna said...

It's been a crazy task for me. I have girls that range in many sizes. My little sister who is 15 could fit into a jr. bridesmaid dress, but of course I want her to match my girls. And then I have my friend who is pregnant and due in November but will still be breastfeeding and my other cousin who has trouble ever finding a dress because of her chest size! Needless to say- we're planning a weekend to go bridesmaid dress shopping to find something that flatters all of them or I may decide to do the same color/fabric but different styles. We'll see how that goes! :)