Friday, April 30, 2010

Spotted: Birthday girl looking buying her own registry gifts

Spotted: K turns 26 this week and buys her own registry wish list item(whopps?!)  In the midst of trying to figure out where and what to register for, I had people asking me what I wanted for my birthday (which was this week).  It made me ponder, there comes a time where all of a sudden your gifts switch from fabulous clothes or killer heels to fabulous blenders and practical things, but when does this happen?  Me, the girl who has 12+ differnt kind of hot pink shoes, excited about a new mixing bowl?  Have I gone unchic? Hope not, I think you can be fab in the kitchen too, and I'm on a mission to find items that prove this.  So with this being said, we are still stuck on the whole registry thing, but we plan to do that this weekend (after we organize the house, says CK).

This registry thing has been a topic in our household more seriously for about 2 weeks now.  I thought I approach the topic slowly since we all know my hubby-to-be isn't into this wedding business.  He told me he thought we should register at Home Depot and Sears and get all tools. Umm,what? I can just see it now, a weedwacker with a bow on it , thanks grandmom. No, hunny, sorry, unless we go with something like this. (source)


But for some reason I am thinking that's not what CK was talking about.  I will share later how the registry goes.  He picked some things in his head that he wants now, so all is well in groomland.

For my bday though, I did get some fabulous things (all personal photos). 

Wine glasses from CK's Aunt and Uncle from Pier One. I l-o-v-e this but total buz kill, they don't have a registry!

And one of my BM, P, has got the crafting bug with her wrap job, super cute.

Ok, and remember when I shared this Calender necklace that was awesome!?? Well I decided that's what I wanted from CK.  Only to find out after he researched it, that they can't specialize by year, so 10.9 is on a tuesday.  booo that wont work.  So I did some research, and how lucky am I, one of my favorite sites, ETSY, has a very similiar necklace.  I plan to get a pink stone on the 9th, of course.



Then lastly,  I bought myself something that I just couldn't wait for off my registry-to-be.  My Aunt E has given me a few gift cards to Bed, Bath, and Beyond that I have been saving up to get some big ticket item.  I also recieved some money from my g-parents, CK's g-mom, and my parents.  So with my 20% of coupon (which never expire incase you missed that insider memo), I bought one of my big ticket items and you guessed it, its PINK!  The cool thing about this item is that it has sooo many attachments like a frozen yogurt maker and homemade pasta so I can add all of them to my registry instead!  Also, they were having special, so with my mail-in rebate, I am getting a free food slicer/shredder!!.  With my giftcards saved up and my coupon (my father would be so proud), it came to less than half of what it orginally was! yay...check out my beauty, even CK isn't really complaining because he knows it will make fabulous things :)







Do you ever have the desire to buy things off your wishlist because you just can't wait??

1 comment:

Cross Country Wed said...

I have a feeling that we will get a lot of gift cards (you know, cause of the whole 3,000 miles away thing) so we will end up buying our own registry gifts anyway!

FYI - if you can find Pier 1 items you like online, you can do a registry at wishpot.com or amazon.com. Both sites let you add items from anywhere on the internet onto one list. We have one but I'm not sure if anyone is going to use it.