Friday, April 9, 2010

6 months to go today and we GOT THE DRESS!!!


So I had a mini panic attack when I realized that today is exactly 6 months until my wedding! (yikes) Today was a big day, in addition to that though.  We went to the  trunk show to see the dress at this fabulous salon in Philly.  My coordinator, Jen, was fabulous and really helped me with this big decision.  If you are shopping in Philly, check out their website because they were awesome and see if you can see Jen too :)  I had talked it over a little with CK, so he understood what I was thinking I was going to spend.  Ck and I decided to pay for the dress so he needed to know otherwise I wouldnt have bothered involving him on this big check.  Luckily, he agree with the range I was looking at because he knew I would need some extravagant.


Oh unrealistic expectations, how I remember thee.  Soo remember when I was talking about 3013 and how I couldn't find it anywhere and was waiting weeks for this trunk show?? Well, we got there and the dress was not as fabulous as the photos in my opinion.  There was no sparkle and when you tried to walk, the dress was too heavy to really move.  Noone was very thrilled actually.  "its a pretty dress for photos but not realistic".  It was A-line which I love, but the skirt part came up almost right below ur chest which made you have no torso. bummmmmmmmmer! Then I tried on the one that I had tried at the other salon and really liked.  Everyone loved it.  It still had the fun bottom but had a ton of sparkle!  This was the dress that the old consultant said everyone looked at but didnt have the guts to try on. Yea, I guess I'm that girl because I tried it and bought it :) yay, I have a dress!! Remember when they say you have your mind set on something and then you end up getting a dress that's totally diferent? Yea, thats me.  I went from A-line to almost mermaid-trumpet like.  Hope it looks awesome in the white since they only have it in ivory at the shops.  Nothing like cutting it close, looks like it should come in end of Aug. early September.  And I turn to none other than my idol, Barbie, for an inspiration.




How many wedding dresses did you try on before you had the one?

1 comment:

Aunt Jane said...

Love the dress! It's just what I would have picked out for you ! Very elegant, yet sparkly. Aunt Jane