Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rain, Rain, go away...come again, but please not my day.


There is this saying that rain on your wedding day is a lucky omen. Apparently Italians even have a saying for it, "Sposa bagnata, sposa fortunata", which means that a wet bride is a lucky bride. In the U.S., it is commonly repeated that rain is lucky, although most brides would prefer a dry day and a little less luck!  Rain is also considered to be a good wedding omen in Germany, Sweden, and France. This is possibly because rain is associated with a bountiful harvest, and thus, fertility. Some believe that the rainier the wedding day, the more children the marriage will produce. (ugggh!) 

With this all being said, my frizzy hair from the rain on the east coast for the past week, has challenged me with the thought of all this.  This has inspired me to get my hot pink rain boots outta the closet and check out how other brides handle the "great omen" of rain.  ( I will try and see it in a positive *light* if it rains on my day).

This blog quoted...all you need is "adorable umbrella and a unique pair of rainboots"...so cute

and this bride provided umbrella's for the guests as they entered...


and obviously I adore this bride's way to use hot pink as an accent through her umbrellas...

and this bride had their date print on her umbrellas...

and lastly, get an awesome pair of rain boots like this wedding inspiration....






Do you have a plan if it rains on your wedding day??

No comments: