Tuesday, March 16, 2010

3013, yes 3013, I know I know, it's awesome (The Dress)

3013... This number probably means nothing to you and in fact a few weeks ago it meant nothing to me as well.    Well, about a month ago, I told my mom, with some caution, the kind of dress I was picturing for my dress.  This was a concern of mine, because she and I have always had very different taste.  Apparently even as I child, I would cause a scene if she didnt let me where my pink dress with the sparkles, even if it was sometimes gaudy or tacky.  Funny how 20 some years later, not much has changed.  In fact, now I have something pink and sparkley on my left ring finger. Much to my surprise, she had prepared herself that I probably wasn't the traditional ball-gown type of bride.  We both agreed on the dress type that we thought looked best on me and I told her what I was kind of thinking about.  No joke, she found the exact same dress I found that I thought looked so unique, it was me.  I need something that no one else would wear.  I knew then, that I needed to at least find this dress even if it was a million dollars.  Luckily it wasn't a million dollars, though not cheap either.

We headed to a local bridal shop that carries this Italian designer (another sign) and much to our dismay, they didnt have THE exact dress but a few by the designer that looked similar in a differnt dress type, like mermaid and trumpet.  The one that was so extreme, no one even really had the guts to try on, we tried.  It was awesomeee, but we still think this other style is probably theee one and the wedding consultant totally agree.  Guess what? It's on trunk show and 3013 (the dress number) is no where in the tri-state area. Greeeat, I called the 10 surrounding stores in a 100 mile radius and no one, yes no one, had the dress.  "yes 3013, I know you probably dont have it" "yea, thats what I thought, yes I know it is amazing, yes I know it is awesome and will take a special girl to pull it off..." Man, I hope I'm that girl!  Sooo, we have to wait until April 9th to go to the trunk show in Philly and try it on.  Yikes!! That doesn't give me a lot of time I know but, we'll make it work...now I just have to have that talk with CK that the dream dress is very unique and worth all the $$ that it may be...though I hear you get a discount when you buy off a trunk show, scccore!  I'll keep you posted but just incase CK ever decides to read this "stupid blog" I don't want him to see the dress, so I will have to keep that a secret.  It's very different and unique, thats all I can say.  Oh and no, dont worry, it's not pink :)





Anyone buy their dress off a trunk show??

No comments: